September 14, 2008

Vintage Children's Fabrics

I came across the cutest website today called WarmBiscuit, through another blogger (Scribbit), that has really neat vintage children's fabrics. We have such a puny selection in Alaska- pretty much limited to 2 stores that move their inventory very slowly and don't offer much variety. But this site is so fun! My personal favorites are the Retro Rocket and the Dick and Jane series. They even have oilcloth (it would make a great tote bag for the van!). I started sewing this summer and now I am itchin' to make some things for my boys and my nieces and nephews. My youngest niece might have to have a wardrobe update via Auntie. Wouldn't a little pullover dress or apron made out one of the fabrics below be so cute? This is how I get my "pink" fix (aka I must have something that does not involve Star Wars, Superheroes, Dinosaurs or Matchbox cars). Check it out- it's sweet.